Scale over time on spawned particle
Hi everyone, I've got a flow of vines that then spawn a particle along the path to be set as a shape (leaf model).  I want the typical effect where the leaf model is 0 scale and then over 30 frames it gets to 100 scale.  I usually have no problem doing this by animating a scale(absolute) over 30 frames and set to continuous.  Its not working, so then I tried another method.  I animated the leaf model to go from 0 to 100 scale and set the instance to use animation, no loop etc etc and it wont work.  
Then I tried messing with the scale in the shape operator, but I noticed that the spinners didn't make any keyframes.  So I'm at a loss and wondering if there is something unique about spawned particles requiring a different approach.  I looked again at the 'neighbor virus' sample flow to be sure I was setting the right parameters.  I've tried just about every combination.  

I'm looking for the spawned particle to start at 0 scale and go to 100% scale by particle entry to the event, but it has me stumped because right now all its doing is scaling them all up from 0 - 100% over 30 frames and any new particles that enter the event are at 100%.  Any ideas?  I've even messed with all the inherited parameters in the spawn operator in event 3.  Event 4 is my leaf event.  

Let me know if you need any other screengrabs of operator settings.  Using the latest Oct 12 release.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Scale over time on spawned particle - by swihartc - 10-14-2023, 11:15 PM