Rotation (Surface Align) issue
(02-24-2022, 04:20 AM)tyFlow Wrote: rod_sott: here's a file to check out. It's not perfectly intersection free, but it's a starting point.

Hi Tyson, thanks you for your time on doing this! In fact this problem seems to be solved as soon as I bought the Pro latest version.. Now I can't reproduce the error anymore, but what was happeing is that just some of the parts was flipping its normals. When I added the Rotation with Surface Align, and rotated it in X, most of the parts was rotating down, while about 10% was rotating upwards.. Maybe a glitch in the latest Beta?

I saw your file, but it has the same problem I'm facing right now, which is the face's interpenetrations. I'll need the parts to be cloth like, so they begin all messed, and when the product is absorbed by the hair, it's folicles gets smooth and near the cylinder base, like this video below (but of course without one part being overlapping the other)

https://streamable.com/gfqb3k

Please tell me if you could help me with these topics below:

1) How I could propagate all the blades organically, with some position offsets, making the binding avoid overlapping each other, like this picture below?

https://ibb.co/0VgTczk

2) How to select just the base vertex of each blade, so I could bind it to the cylinder.. I tried using Surface Test with Material ID, Set Target, Grouping.. But I just cant create this information, of specific row of vertices.. At the Data Display the MadID is always 0.. I thought using tySelect to select the base vertices, but I can't figure how to make tyFlow pick those specific vertices.. I tried using Actors with tyParticleSkin, and as Plain meshes.. but couldn't make this selection.

Just managed it using Surface test by Distance, with all blades in horizontal position, and just when they simulate its bindings, with negative gravity, they go to the upwards position.. But this messes with each blade shape, since it looks like hanging clothes.. =)

Once again, thank you for your time!!

My best,

Rod

Messages In This Thread
Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by ldotchopz - 12-13-2021, 01:19 PM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by tyFlow - 12-13-2021, 06:00 PM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by ldotchopz - 12-14-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by rod_sott - 02-23-2022, 11:48 PM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by tyFlow - 02-24-2022, 04:08 AM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by tyFlow - 02-24-2022, 04:20 AM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by rod_sott - 02-24-2022, 12:18 PM
RE: Rotation (Surface Align) issue - by tyFlow - 02-24-2022, 04:16 PM