Crash on 3dsmax when opening Tyflow Scenes
Hi Tyson,

I had to take a long break from playing with Ty-flow, and when i finally updated again to the latest version im having a crash everytime i try to open a scene with a tyflow element... however if i merge the scene instead of opening it works fine...

I have to say it happens only on one of my computers (of 2 i tried) they both run Win 7 and max2019, the one that crashes has a 1080 card the other a 1080Ti

I made a small video that shows what happen, see below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E6LPVyz...sp=sharing

Also this has not happpen unless is with files that have Tyflow on it.

M.
Please see the sticky about bug reporting. I need the scene and minidump.
(08-16-2019, 08:36 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Please see the sticky about bug reporting. I need the scene and minidump.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
IM attaching the minidump regarding this issue. hope it helps.

M.

.rar   3dsmax_minidump.rar (Size: 760.88 KB / Downloads: 268)
Thanks for the minidump. It reports the crash happening in a strange place...could you upload the .max file too so I can test it?
(08-23-2019, 12:08 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Thanks for the minidump. It reports the crash happening in a strange place...could you upload the .max file too so I can test it?

I will, but this behavior happens with even your tutorial files... And I tested an older version of Tyflow and it also happens...
As soon as I open a file with Tyflow from your sample scenes it gives an error about maxscript memory and garbage collection failing, so I increased the memory allowance to the max on maxscript... But no difference.. I reinstalled video card drivers and still happens...

The strange thing is that if I merge a file everything works perfectly the whole time and no crashes at all.

M.
All the tutorial files are always tested with the latest build before release, so I think something else is happening...perhaps an issue with your machine since no other users have reported the problem and the tutorial scenes have been downloaded thousands of times.

You could maybe try making a backup or your 3dsmax ENU folder and then deleting it, to clear out all settings. Sometimes it can become corrupted.
Thanks Tyson, absolutely is likely my machine only. Don't want to steal more of your time. But thanks for looking into it . I will try your advice and see.

M.
Hi Tyson,

Just wanted to give you some update. I deleted the ENU folder and that didn't work, unfortunately.
More Strangely I decided to redo my whole system, and install windows 10 on it.... i was hoping this would, of course, remove the issue, but it still crashes every time I open I file with Tyflow... I'm including the Minidump file here...

not sure if then it's a hardware issue, but everything else runs ok on the computer it seems...

Hope you can find what it maybe....

Thanks,

M.

Attached Files
.zip   3dsmax_minidump.zip (Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 239)
Hi Tyson,

I found the problem... there was a script  on my startup (i have a collection of scripts that I always copy even on a new install, some personal some from other sources) that was creating the problem... there must be something on the script that creates an issue with Tyflow... took a while to narrow this down, as never thought a script would be creating so many problems... Im attaching the script for your reference... if you put it on your scripts/startup folder and try to open any file with tyflow you can replicate the problem.... 
I dont need the script as it was only used to fix a corrupted file, so my problem is solved..

Sorry to take so much of your time when it was such a specific problem.

M.

Attached Files
.zip   fixInvisibleLayers.zip (Size: 2.18 KB / Downloads: 242)
Ah, that would explain it! Smile

When I get a chance I'll take a look at the script and try to figure out how it's breaking things, but yea...that would also explain why the latest minidump didn't contain any useful info related to tyFlow either.
Hello Makco!
You are not alone,
For I am here with you
Had the same old script,
And it crashed Tyflow here, too!

Anyway... the script is a lame Autodesk "fix" for, you guessed it, layers which became invisible in a project - they no longer show up in Layer Explorer. Yes, it does happen sometimes.
And I was getting the same errors about garbage collector sometimes, and merging was the only fix. So, there is a problem.
(09-18-2019, 07:00 PM)Elwood89 Wrote: Hello Makco!
You are not alone,
For I am here with you
Had the same old script,
And it crashed Tyflow here, too!

Anyway... the script is a lame Autodesk "fix" for, you guessed it, layers which became invisible in a project - they no longer show up in Layer Explorer. Yes, it does happen sometimes.
And I was getting the same errors about garbage collector sometimes, and merging was the only fix. So, there is a problem.

Glad to hear i wasnt alone, and that your problem is solved as well!