Voronoi - relative to particle volume - is this intentional?
Hello again Wink
When the "Max" value of the subdivided particle's volume is set to, say, "1", then  every particle with a bigger volume does not get fractured - is that correct, or a bug?
If it is correct, then maybe there could be a checkbox that would turn on "equal or above" for the max volume? So that all particles above the max limit would get fractured with the max point value instead of being skipped?
HI,
I'm running into this as well it's really bad when one has a large wall and say a one foot beam. I'm finding it hard to fracture the smaller scaled beams and even upping the points to a high value in the voronoi component helps but its not working well. Also there is misinformation on the help page where it says to use lower polygon geometry if you do that the fracture won't work.
I agree and hoping something can be done here
I'm not sure what you're referring to, 3dsyn.

As for Elwood's question, that behavior is correct as stated in the docs. If you want "everything above x" to be fractured, then just set the min to that value and the max to some very high value.
The min/max value is not exactly clear to me:
1. I take it that at max volume the set number of points is used - is that right?
2. What is the number of points at min volume value? 2? (which is the minimum amount one can set)
3. Is the volume calculated from mesh, convex mesh or bounding box?
4. Overall I agree with 3dsyn that it needs some more options. "just set the min to that value and the max to some very high value" is not the desired control in my opinion. What I was assuming (and hoping for) is what I  described in points 1 and 2, and THEN an option to extend the min and max values above and below, so it could work like this example:
- settings:  points: 100 volume min :10 max:30
- everything below 10 is a 2 point fracture (or no fracture at all, but that can be filtered so does not really matter here)
- volume 15 is a (circa) 50 point fracture
- everything above 20 is a 100 point fracture

I know that if it works like points 1 and two state, then we could possibly make 2 more filtered Voronoi events (for the below min and above max volume particles) but that seems a bit counterproductive to me.
What you described is already how it works. The algorithm is as follows: count *= min(1, max(0, (vol - min) / (max - min))).

Particles whose volume is below the min value will not be fractured. Volume is an approximation calculated from the bounding box of the particle.
OK, I get that.
so adding another fracture in succession (filtered for the larger parts), and then sending out the unfractured rest (below min) should do the trick.
Will you consider adding a "equal or above" option for the max volume? I have a feeling it could be useful.
Thanks for your reply. I looked into it further and you're right volume is working just not how I expected I'm going to post in a fresh thread what I am running into.