shape sequence - custom properties?
Photo 
Hi!

My beginner question is how to "sequence" a collection of shapes ( meshes ) in a logical order,preferably in order of the shape list for example.
Should I assign shape / birth ID's ? But don't really how ..
Thanks!
At the bottom of the Shape operator is an option to assign shapes based on a custom property index. You can use that to control the order that the shapes are assigned to particles. For example, if you have 5 particles and 5 shapes, you can store their birth ID in a custom float channel with a Custom Property operator, then load that value into the Shape index settings in order to have them receive their shape in the order they're listed in the listbox.
(09-30-2019, 03:20 PM)tyFlow Wrote: At the bottom of the Shape operator is an option to assign shapes based on a custom property index. You can use that to control the order that the shapes are assigned to particles. For example, if you have 5 particles and 5 shapes, you can store their birth ID in a custom float channel with a Custom Property operator, then load that value into the Shape index settings in order to have them receive their shape in the order they're listed in the listbox.

Thanks a bunch! The only thing I noticed, when I add a spawn_node in the birth_event the Birth_id's in the next event are mixed up and the shape sequence is mixed up as well. Otherwise it works great!

What I want is birth_event -> particles with tail(spawned) -> time test -> event 02 = particles swith to letters in sequence ( which works, only without spawn).

Regards

Marijn
Yes, while the Shape list uses 0-based indices, particle Birth IDs are not guaranteed to be in any particular order, depending on your setup. For example, spawned particle birth IDs will generally be [parent birth ID + 1]. If you need to dial in the custom float values you can use a Script operator....for example, you could use it to assign the event index of particles to a channel, instead of Birth ID.