Multiple custom properties in same event
Photo 
Hi all, I'm trying to control 2 material properties in a single event but with different timing using custom properties.  First task is to take vray blend material and change from one shader to another using the gradient/mapping technique setting the gradient channel to 2.  I set the custom property to event age and set the normalized values from 0 - 12. (frames) 
The next task is that i want to use another custom property, also by event age, to control the opacity change of the first shader to be faster than the shader change.  So something like 0-6 frames.  I set this gradient map in the opacity channel of the first material to channel 3.  I set the material to be an instance material and render with vray instance.

The shader materials work in changing over their time frame.  The opacity at the start of the transition does not.  Is it because 2 of the same custom properties cannot be in the same event?  Is vray light material opacity not supported?  Or am i doing it wrong completely?  Do I need to animate the opacity separately somehow?
This is an exercise in understanding how and what is possible.  

I also tried copying the time test in event 1 to send out the particles to a 3rd event that had the opacity custom property in it and then linked back to event 2, but it didn't work.  Do I need to cache and send particles from first change in properties to another flow and in that flow alternate the properties again?

thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   teapot multi properties.max (Size: 676 KB / Downloads: 168)