Mesh Select/Poly Select on top of TySelect+TyFaceExtrude
Hi,

sometimes I stick a vanilla Max mesh select or poly select at the top of the stack so that Max isn't showing all the verts in the object from TySelect.

However when I do that and scrub the timeline, it sometimes crashes. It seems like it could be just when 'assign vertex colors' is on in TySelect?

Also the mesh select/poly select freezes any vertex colour animation - is there anything else that could be used?

I tried TySelect with no selection, but it still shows the verts.

Thanks,

Steve

This is more of a wish too - would it make sense to enable vertex colours to be piped into other UVW/vertex channels too, and possibly even control colours used then you could use different selections?

Can do it at the moment with Max's ability to swap channels, but I imagine anything under the TyFlow umbrella is going to be a lot quicker.

Hmm, had another crash when adding a smooth to get some nice facets on top of the stack.

Are any max modifiers which process the mesh on top generally to be avoided?
There are no known max mods that should be avoided on top of any tyFlow mods....if you're getting crashes, please submit the 3dsmax_minidump file and/or max file, and ensure you're using the latest version of tyFlow.

I'll add an option to disable sub-object display and set the vertex color channel.
Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow - thought I'd attached the file, doh.