Property Test setup with boolean comparisons
Hi,

Im not shure how to setup the values of property test operator correctly in case of simple boolean (classic true / false) tests.

Can you please help me to understand it?

I want to test if the particle has a valid target and if NOT i want to send it to the next event. As a sidestep I have the question: What is a "valid target"? Is it just "if a target particle is existing or not" or is it something completely different?

So in my own logic I set the test type to "Has valid target" and test TRUE if property is "Not equal". Right?
The "Test particle" do I set to "self". Right?
How do I have to set the values in the "Test value" rollout?

(See my setup attached).

Another point is, that I formerly set the parents of the particles I want to test as their targets. So I thought about if the test type "Parent deleted" won't be better or even equivalent to the "Has valid target" test type.
But if I set the test type in my setup to "Parent deleted" the result is everytime the same when I set the "test TRUE if property is" to "Equal" or "Not equal". I dont understand how this could be. Its a little confusing to me. I hope you can help me.

Thanks Smile!
A target is just the ID of another particle. If the ID is dead or set to -1, the target is invalid.

A valid target test will return 1 if the target is valid, otherwise 0.