tyAtmosphere
Hi,

I like to see an atmospheric effect for tyFlow similar to the "KrakatoaAtmosphere" from Krakatoa, which allows to render particles directly as fog with VRay.

Unfortunately it is not possible yet to pick a tyFlow in the KrakatoaAtmosphere as particle system - even with all interfaces enabled.

EDIT:
Okay I found a way to use it. When I use a Krakatoa "PRTSource" Object I can pick the tyFlow. And the PRTSource is pickable in the KrakatoaAtmosphere environemt effect. But Color is not transfered. Can It be, that tyFlow doesn't apply a color attribute or channel to particles?

When I render the tyFlow as mesh with particle shapes set to sphere, the color is fine. Is it possible to transfer this color data into a "color data channel"?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not sure how the PRTSource is reading color data from particles, nor the data format that's expected.
(04-08-2020, 04:14 PM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not sure how the PRTSource is reading color data from particles, nor the data format that's expected.

When I read the colors from the PRTSource via the Krakatoa ParticleDataViewerUtility it shows the same color value for every particle.

I think tyFlow shades the particles shapes, so they apper correct in rendering, but doesn't write a color value to the particle itself (the simple point). It would be good if the color of a particle could be saved in a standard data channel as point3 float named "color" - i think then it would be readable to PRTSource.

But anyway. Maybe it would be better if you write an own "render particles as fog"-mode for tyFlow. Just take the KrakatoaAtmosphere environment effect as an example for the desired result. I think that would be very useful for much users.

Would you please give it a try?  Big Grin
Seems I might be able to get tyFlow to return particle streams using the krakatoa API. I'll look further into it.
Sounds good! Thank you!
Tested their interface: unfortunately it seems they're filtering objects by classID in their UI, so it's not possible to import a tyFlow object as a krakatoa PRT object.

I guess you could request that they change this on their forums or whatever, but ever since the Amazon buyout it seems the Thinkbox plugin team is basically defunct (slow to post new builds, no updates, etc).
Okay. Just thought it could be cool if you can render particles directly as volume or fog Wink.