Independent Opacity Map
Hello! I am encountering a bit of an issue. So basically I'm recreating this in tyFlow:
https://youtu.be/LA8WzVB3Urw
The gist of it is, it will spawn particle on the normals, parallel to the object. Then it will randomize the rotation a little bit for chaotic effect, changing the seed per frame, and then taking the color of the object the particle is spawned on. After that, it will be assigned sprites in redshift to control opacity and simulate brush strokes effect.

Everything is done simply with Position Object and Align to Surface, Mapping, Material ID. Applied the source object's material to tyflow so it's getting the correct color.

I am stumped at the stage where we need to assign an opacity map to the particle to simulate brush strokes. I am using Vray, and to control the opacity, i assign a brush strokes bitmap to the opacity in vraymtl. Since mapping modifier already made tyFlow copy the mapping value of the source object, I can't see a way to assign a different localized mapping to each particle to control the opacity. I tried reading mapping documentation but nothing obvious jumps out to me as a solution.

Can this be done? I think it can but it seems to elude me.

The hackish workaround is to create a shape of brushstrokes with splines and use it as a shape but it seems to be a bad one because it will lag the scene since the amount of points will be a lot more per brushstroke.
Just use different mapping channels.

Ex: put opacity in map channel 1, and do the color sampling in map channel 2.
I did that, and it didn't work. After a while i realized why. I did not assign UVW to channel 2 on the object itself, I only change the mapping channel on the bitmap.

Thanks for the solution!