Cache to disk operator
Hey,
Is there any chance to have cache to disk feature inside of tyflow for tyevents. I think it might helpful if tyflow have a feature to cache all the data into disk, so whenever we opens the max file, we don't have to wait for the whole event to cache again into memory. And we start working on another event with using flow update, to drive all our cache of the previous event, and do some secondaries things in it.

Thank you Smile
You mean something like the "Save cache with file" option of the standard PFlow cache operator - so the live cache is stored within the maxfile and its right there when you open the file?

In older days I used this function several times in PFlow but the disadvantage is the maxfiles become incredible huge in filesize.

But I think its an option you can think about, it could be useful some times.
(06-04-2020, 08:51 AM)TubeSmokeGuy Wrote: You mean something like the "Save cache with file" option of the standard PFlow cache operator - so the live cache is stored within the maxfile and its right there when you open the file?

In older days I used this function several times in PFlow but the disadvantage is the maxfiles become incredible huge in filesize.

But I think its an option you can think about, it could be useful some times.

Yea, quite something like this but it will cached out as separate file so tyflow can read the cache from where it was stored and won't affect the max file. As like we have cache record feature in Thinking particles so we cache out the simulation record into disk and won't have to worry about caching it again when we reopens the file. Even though disk caching is slower than memory caching, it will quite beneficial.
I want to have a "cache_file" operator.
This operator can read the saved file on the hard disk. It can also be directly output to the next event as an operator.
Although it is possible to read "cache file" through "Birth Flow". But I hope it can be done directly in a particle window. To ensure the integrity and uniformity of the process.
(06-04-2020, 08:38 AM)普拉文 Wrote: 嘿,
是否有机会在tyevent的tyflow中具有磁盘缓存功能。我认为tyflow具有将所有数据缓存到磁盘中的功能可能会有所帮助,因此,每当我们打开max文件时,我们不必等待整个事件再次缓存到内存中。然后,我们开始使用流更新处理另一个事件,以驱动上一个事件的所有缓存,并在其中进行一些辅助操作。

谢谢Smile

嘿,伙计,我和你有相同的想法

(06-04-2020, 08:38 AM)Praveen Wrote: Hey,
Is there any chance to have cache to disk feature inside of tyflow for tyevents. I think it might helpful if tyflow have a feature to cache all the data into disk, so whenever we opens the max file, we don't have to wait for the whole event to cache again into memory. And we start working on another event with using flow update, to drive all our cache of the previous event, and do some secondaries things in it.

Thank you Smile

Hey, man, I have the same idea as you

(06-09-2020, 04:28 AM)cgdvs Wrote: I want to have a "cache_file" operator.
This operator can read the saved file on the hard disk. It can also be directly output to the next event as an operator.
Although it is possible to read "cache file" through "Birth Flow". But I hope it can be done directly in a particle window. To ensure the integrity and uniformity of the process.

Yes, that's what the host meant. Big Grin Big Grin
It will be very useful!!