Can TyFlow be used to scatter non-intersecting geometry?
Hi all, TyFlow newb here.

I was wondering how and if it would be possible to use TyFlow to scatter non-intersecting geometry on a surface? I know this may not be the main purpose of TyFlow. The particles (geometry) wouldn't be animated. I just need to fill a space randomly with a few differently-sized objects but they shouldn't intersect. I tried using ForestPack for that but unfortunately it doesn't do too well in the "not intersecting geometry" part.

What are the steps you'd take to achieve this?

Bonus question: is there a way to use an object as an "exclusion zone?" Where every particle geometry that touches it gets excluded?

Attaching a screenshot showing how far I was able to get on my own.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1) You might want to consider option "separation" (in position object operator). However, keep in mind that separation will be using the same distance for each particle, not really counting their size). There is maybe other (better) methods, but right now, I can't think of anything better.
2) Yes you can easily draw some shape, and exclude (delete particles) inside it's volume. Just use a "surface test operator", pick your "kill objects", select volume (inside or outside, distance, or whatever parameter you like), and just lead it into a new event with delete operator.

Few things to keep in mind. No matter what shape you're using, Tyflow will consider them as points in space, unless you apply PhysX that will consider convex hull of the geometry, or Particle Phisics, that will still remain dots, but you can "enlarge" these dots, and they can collide between them.
So... MAYBE... if you have like shape operator, then bellow it PhysX Shape, then bellow it PhysX Collision (set to inter particle collision), and you lead that PhysX collision to new delete event (simply, it will delete everything it touches), it might work.
Oh, and few other things as an addition. Disable PhySX gravity, and ground plane in Tyflow icon, and in PhysX shape, under dynamics, lock Z axis...

You might get just what you want... Smile
Thanks d4rk3lf! It seems I'm way in over my head here and have lots to learn. I'll definitely try out your suggestions!