Welding voxels and removing inside faces
Hello,
Im trying to weld a grid of voxels into one mesh objects and removing the inside faces. Reason for doing so is that I want to use vrayedgetex on the mesh (and without welding I get a grid pattern).
From the options it sounds like tyweld would do just this but seems it only works on tets or am I missing something?
Any clue on how I can achieve this?
Doesn't the EdgesTex have an angle threshold option?

Welding the edges, which is possible but only if you also delete all the interior faces (using the same method to clean up tets), won't necessarily solve your problem because the welded edges still exist and will be visible. Without an angle threshold option you would need to write a script or something that sets edges whose adjacent faces have a dihedral angle below a certain threshold to invisible.
It doesn't have a angle threshold, but Im using it as bump and when you do the flat surfaces are not affected. So the welded edges won't be a problem.
And angle threshold wouldn't help since the interior faces are still there creating a 90 degree angle for every edge.

Any chance you could describe how I would go about cleaning up the interior faces? Ive looked at some tets example scenes but I fail to apply this to voxels or other mesh.
Still running into this issue, anyone have a creative way of solving this, or if the method of cleaning tets would work (not sure how that is done)...
What happens if you make your Tyflow as a mesh (mesh op, uncheck "render only"), and apply retopology modifier?
(01-20-2023, 04:27 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: What happens if you make your Tyflow as a mesh (mesh op, uncheck "render only"), and apply retopology modifier?

Not super familiar with the retopo modifier but trying some different random options doesnt seem to do much, it doesnt remove any "inside" faces