Retimer only working in integer? (problem)
I have tried everything I can think off. But the retimer seems pretty useless to me in it current state.

It seems that paricles are only birthed at full frame intervals and not in between frames like from 30,254 to 30,587. I only see a new set of birthed particles, when it goes from 30,254 to 31,410.

This makes any sort of birthing of particles using the retimer problematic, as they studder above the emitter.

It doesn't matter if the evaluation step value is set to 1/8 or 1/32.

See video attachement.

Attached Files
.mp4   _scene.mp4 (Size: 1.94 MB / Downloads: 148)
The retimer interpolates the cache, which only saves data on full frames. Slowing down areas of a simulation where you're birthing new particles will always result in these types of popping artifacts.

In your scenario where you are birthing particles, it would be better to use the retimer in the reverse sense: simulate particles moving in slow motion, and then use the retimer to speed things up in post in the areas where you want particles to travel at full speed.
Thank you for answering : )

I solved it by birthing the particles 100 frames before I need them. Then use a Send out with a grater than 100 Age condition that send them it into a new event which shoots them out like they were just born.

Its not perfect, but it kind of works.
(08-25-2020, 04:12 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The retimer interpolates the cache, which only saves data on full frames. Slowing down areas of a simulation where you're birthing new particles will always result in these types of popping artifacts.

In your scenario where you are birthing particles, it would be better to use the retimer in the reverse sense: simulate particles moving in slow motion, and then use the retimer to speed things up in post in the areas where you want particles to travel at full speed.

Update.
Well, in the end I redid the effect like you describe (4 x Frame rate - normal Frame rate - 4 x Frame rate).
It seems to be more correct, that way. Blush