Confused about TyCache
Hey there,
I was looking at baking a fracture simulation like I did with MassFX to save on process the fracture while also processing the fluid sim underneath.

I can see from the documentation that a 'tycache' node can be used to load in a file that I assume is the baked out version of the simulation, but I can't seem to understand where to actually bakeĀ out the sim.

I am looking at one of the sample files with the torus being crumbled. I tried putting the export particles in to the last node and selected 'Object' but nothing is exported - so I am definitely missing a concept here.

Sorry, old man brain in effect here.
The Export Particles operator has a tyCache mode that you can use to bake out tyCache files. Then you just load them in with a tyCache object (one will automatically be created for you when export completes).
aaahh.. ok.. so I realised I needed to separate out the Export node.. that is done.

So now I can just create a new max file with my fluid sim and the like and then create a new tyflow system just with a tycache node in it and find the object that was created and load it in?
Lol - I had the same assumption of cache node within Tyflow, but it's not working that way. Smile
You just go to standard primitives - Tyflow - and create separate Tycache object, and in that object you load cache.
(hint: if you have problem with cache colliding with some fluid sims, or some render problem, just disable GPU instancing in the options of Tycache).