tySelect and Maxscript
Hi, I absolutely love the tySelect modifier, but I have 1 question. 

It is possible to set the Selection method in tySelect modifier with maxscript? I seem to be able to set almost all parameters, but that one I cannot find.

Also a feature request: It would be awesome to be able to move the different Selection methods up or down in the Selection list and change there order.
Hi Davdi,

It is currently not possible to set the selection method with maxscript....probably something I should eventually add though.

As for moving the selection methods up/down, good idea Smile
that is unfortunate. I made a setup with tySelect and tyConform to stick terrain and road together dynamically, like this:
[Image: Image-Pasted-at-2020-9-16-19-21.png]
I was hoping to create a maxscript tool that would setup this modifier stack automatically.
If it is at all possible to do that I would be absolutely amazing. As far as your tools go they are so great. Thank you for that Smile
(09-16-2020, 05:24 PM)Davdi Zaagsma Wrote: that is unfortunate. I made a setup with tySelect and tyConform to stick terrain and road together dynamically, like this:
[Image: Image-Pasted-at-2020-9-16-19-21.png]
I was hoping to create a maxscript tool that would setup this modifier stack automatically.
If it is at all possible to do that I would be absolutely amazing. As far as your tools go they are so great. Thank you for that Smile

Would ABSOLUTELY love to get the ability to change the selection modes!

Davdi - although years later - the workaround would be to manually make the modifier customized to what you want and then merge in from a child file or copy from a corrosponding object.

But being able to add a fresh modifier and change it would be amazing!
MAXScript access was actually added a long time ago Smile

Here's an example of taking an object and adding a tySelect modifier to it, and changing the selection mode:

Code:
addmodifier $ (tySelect())
tySel = $.modifiers[1]

tySel.removeSelector 0 --remove the default selector
tySel.addSelector() --add a new selector
tySel.gizmo__box.selectionMode = 8 --access a selector (by name) and change its mode (in this case, to 'random' selection mode)