Pastry Dusting help
Hi there,

I am trying to replicate the 'dusting' effect that you can see in the link in this post.

https://www.bakepedia.com/tipsandtricks/...ace-flour/

I have a basic particle system over the top that shakes the particles down onto the surface, but what I am missing is how to clump it together in the little areas on the top of item in question.

The particle system is pretty standard for now, but just not sure how to 'clump' or group some of the particles in this manner.

Thanks for any assistance.
You can try with Particle PhysX ( change to attraction).
Also, Flock operator should be able to produce effects like that.
Lastly, you can try surface force with texture (some highly contrasted noise, for example).
(09-25-2020, 12:25 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You can try with Particle PhysX ( change to attraction).
Also, Flock operator should be able to produce effects like that.
Lastly, you can try surface force with texture (some highly contrasted noise, for example).

hmm ok a few things I am unclear about but I will trial and error it with my sphere I am dusting with at the moment.

Appreciate the reply.
Sorry, I've meant Particle Physics operator, not PhysX (witch is totally different).
(09-28-2020, 11:50 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Sorry, I've meant Particle Physics operator, not PhysX (witch is totally different).

Thanks for that, I couldn't at all come close to what I had in my head as a final result.

I think I am just thinking too far ahead of myself at the moment.