sending Particles along a Surface
Hi Guys,

sure, it might be a really simple thing (as far you know how), but I dont get these particles to move as I wanted them to do so.

The speedup thing is "a nice to have". But first the simple, endless movement, along the surface would be cool to know how it works.
How do i kill particles in in tyFlow? (PFlow had an extra node for this, I guess the mechanism here is different)

Somebody a fast way to get this solved?
Many thanks in advance for any Help!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There's a lot's of ways to do that, and depending on the scene setup.
For example, in your screenshots you didn't mention if particles are following the path, or it's a force turbulent movement, or something third.

But here is few pointers, from someone who also worked in Particle Flow.
Slow operator is very similar to Drag in Particle Flow.
In Force operator you can animate (appart from force itself) overall influence.
In Speed Operator there's option to blend with previous forces.

However, you might be most interested in "timing" parameters, that almost every operator have (it's in very top part (and very important option)
There you can tell which part of the particle age (for example) that operator will be active.... or inactive
Very powerful, and much more intuitive way to control, then in PF.

As for delete, you can do it same way as in PFlow.
Time test - another event with just delete operator.
However, there's no need for that (most of the time), because you can just place delete in last event, and play with the timing settings I mentioned above, to delete particles whenever you want.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if I didn't explain well something.
Hello d4rk3lf,

thank you for helping words!
Well, so far I am beeing quiet new to Particles and uses also Pflow only for easy tasks and then occasionally only.

So, I can only do my own theoretical aproach and try with some few knowlegde here, wich mostly then end up with with a mess... =) 

I am thinking of a flowing system along the Surface (blue Arrow) - or maybe a Volume, wich I can restrict via edit /reshaping the Geo. directing the flow. (according to my Image) The purpose is, to show the fluidmovement (without really using a fluid realistic look) for a technical item. So one thing I thought, is that I could somewhere tell about an UV direction,to control the Flow through a Volume or Plane.

I would prefer a Plane, since I have a couple of them and I think I can archive some Volume by usin a Position Displace, so that they dont sit boring in the middle.
But this are secondary movements.

So in the End, I need the bridge of understanding, what gives me control over Emitter, the link to the Polyshape. TyIcon, or could it be possible to give a guide along U, or can it be possible to emmit directly from 0 -> 1 of any UV direction?

I tried now some things, but it didn´t work for now. It´s the idea to take a path for traveldirections and then let the particles collide along the surface.
but anyways, I maybe would prefer a plane solution over the volume one. 

.max   asset_tyflow_flowtest_01.max (Size: 652 KB / Downloads: 174)

An example, that shows it roughly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGYNvBKf9nY -> shows what it is likely about  (not the fluidstuff as collision)

Offtopic almost:
In Maya it has a complete set of this with one click - with de- and acceleration also included. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/m...A-htm.html