smarter caching
im not sure if this has been requested before, but it would be great if the tyflow caching system was a bit more "smart"..

in almost every project ive used tyflow on,  i get constant recaching, which sometimes takes many hours.. 

wait overnight for sim... hit render, sim starts again

tweak material opacity applied to particles...  complete resim

change diameter of particle shapes or change shapes (despite not having a bearing on sim results) -complete resim

is there a way to reduce all this resimming?  none of the above examples actually required a resim in my case. 

id imagine (probably with a ram or disk space hit)  that caching per-event would be possible?  that way only stuff "downstream" of a change would be resimmed? 

ideally per-operator caching, but i imagine that would eat 128gb for breakfast, and might not even be possible. 

i must have wasted about 75% of my time on the current project with un-necessary resimming.
You can avoid unnecessary resimming by using reference flows and changing properties in those instead (Birth Flow + Flow Update).

Per-event caching is not possible because events are not isolated things. Dozens of operators introduce event inter-dependencies.
thanks for the reply! ill have to look into reference flows. it would however be good if (for example) changing the material applied to particles doesnt cause a resim. id guess there are only very few instances where this should require a resim. im also not sure why, when i started the project, it was rendering fine... now it resims the whole thing on render.