Connect two events
Hello there...

I got two events going on in my scene.

1: a cloth bind
2: a physX shape

The cloth event is a parachute thats going to be pulled down by the crate in the physX shape event. My problem is that i cant bind/connect the cloth to the physX.
got no clue here, how do i simulate cloth and physx body in same simulation, is it possible?

[Image: 50735880632_a013879570_o.jpg]
You can simply achieve that by binding cloth particles to the mesh.

look at the attachment

Attached Files
.max   Balloon_Test.max (Size: 752 KB / Downloads: 225)
Thank you Smile
(12-19-2020, 06:01 PM)Praveen Wrote: You can simply achieve that by binding cloth particles to the mesh.

Thanks - Can you explain, why it needs a "Simulation group" for the box?
I did not see anything, that is addressing that SIM group. But I see that it doesn't work without.
(12-21-2020, 06:00 PM)Alexx31 Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 06:01 PM)Praveen Wrote: You can simply achieve that by binding cloth particles to the mesh.

I did not see anything, that is addressing that SIM group. But I see that it doesn't work without.

Its for skinning the box to the voxel in tyflow, if i got it right.
(12-21-2020, 06:24 PM)Espen Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 06:00 PM)Alexx31 Wrote:

Its for skinning the box to the voxel in tyflow, if i got it right.

I see, the box is not a tyflow object, it is a standard 3dsMax box.
And the voxel shapes of Geospheres  are just for "grabbing" it.

This is new to me...Wink

tyParticle Skin is a modifier of the box and it is set to SIM group 1.

I still don't understand it in detail, but I will investigate further...

When I disable SIM group and "show bindings" you can see the bindings fly away:

Hi Alex,
I set the particle group for the particleskin, so i can reference it specifically in typarticleskin. And if your binding flys aways its may be because of physx shape, try turning on ignore start penetration in its collision rollout. So the particles will ignore the initial penetration between each other.

Thank you

Praveen
(12-22-2020, 07:07 AM)Praveen Wrote: Hi Alex,
I set the particle group for the particleskin, so i can reference it specifically in typarticleskin. And if your binding flys aways its may be because of physx shape, try turning on ignore start penetration in its collision rollout. So the particles will ignore the initial penetration between each other.

Thank you

Praveen

Hi Praveen, it's all fine with your scene. I only tested for study what happens without the SIM group and saw the bindings flying away.