ffd deformer on tycache
Hi, I have a request that I think would be quite helpful. I'm not sure if there is any way to do it differently. But it would be very helpful to be able to deform the position of the particles in the tycache using modifiers like ffd deformer without affecting the shape of the objects in the instance. Often at work I have such minor remarks that I once solved by converting to prt and then deformed the prt loader and added shape at the end by frost. Now as I use tyflow more and more I miss this possibility ... the fact I can convert it to an object and deform it but it's ineffective and distorts the objects when I just need to move a few particles. I am using node transfer position which helps but requires the whole thing to be simulated every time I make a change. In my opinion, it would be most convenient to be able to deform the tycache particles position and drag it into a new flow and edit the simulations there so that the next flow could see the deformed tycache.

Thanks for cool plugin!

edit:

I have currently found a way around this limitation. If we load tycache into krakatoa prt source (tycache legacy particles) we can deform the prt source and upload to new flow with birth prt and prt update, deformation will be stored. It would be cool if it could be done without the krakatoa plugin. But it's still great that this combination works.
Glad you found the workaround. Unfortunately there's no easy way for me to implement direct manipulation like that because max doesn't natively expose any kind of interface that would allow it. Krakatoa sort of does its own thing in that regard, with their own particle pipeline that allows for manipulation, but it still requires a Frost mesher at the end. There isn't a way to use a modifier on particles directly without that extra step.
(01-14-2021, 03:51 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Glad you found the workaround. Unfortunately there's no easy way for me to implement direct manipulation like that because max doesn't natively expose any kind of interface that would allow it. Krakatoa sort of does its own thing in that regard, with their own particle pipeline that allows for manipulation, but it still requires a Frost mesher at the end. There isn't a way to use a modifier on particles directly without that extra step.

Got it. Thanks for answare!  Anyways krk solution works smooth soo I`m happy with that. Awesome stuff, thanks.