Triggering
How do I trigger the animation of a shape instance when another object touches it?

I have a field of corn, and there's a harvester coming through. I gave the corn objects that I'm scatteringĀ a little animation for when they get sucked in. I can send the particles to a new event, but how can I make that event be the same objects with the animation I gave them?

Thanks.
The Shape operator has options to control which shape index is assigned to particles, as well as options to control the animation playback frame. Using those options you can deterministically assign the same shapes to particles across events and also control their animation. So you'd have Shape operators in your different events and then use custom properties to drive their animation.
I found the problem. The animation I had on the object was transform animation (position rotation) rather than deforming animation. I just re-did the animation using deformers, and it's working now.
If it's just transform animation you have two other options as well:

1) Use a tyActor setup. Then you're not juggling Shape operators and can easily do things like animation blending.

2) Group the object to itself. Then just import the group into the shape operator. The transform animation will get baked in if you do this.
I have everything working correctly, and even converted my animating corn objects to VRayMeshes, and I'm scattering those. But motion blur is not working on the particles. I read the posting in the FAQ about this phenomenon, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Perhaps the issue is that the motion that I want to blur is coming from the objects I'm scattering, and is not being created by TyFlow?