Particle bind issue? Or user issue??
Question 
Hi dear tyflowers,

i have an issue which is driving me mad.

Att you will find a very simple scene describing my problem: I've got one particle which has been spawned once (the child). It spreads its position on z to resample it. To tie these sibling particles together i use particle bind with family binding its siblings and parent.

So if i turn off "Bind to parent" the string works actually fine, but with some positive force it flys away - because of not bound to the parent!
If i include the parent option to the binding, the parent and the child (from spawn) are bound together before the siblings being bound, so it looks like a mantis unfold their legs. After this unfolding it works as expected. This seems logical, but what can i do to bind the parent particle to the first sibling particle from the resample operator??

Where is my mystake? Please help Blush Thanks a lot!

Attached Files
.max   tf_test_string.max (Size: 904 KB / Downloads: 138)
Ah, i think i get it - it's not my setup, it's probably the new tyflow version 16113. I opened the attached file in an older version (16110) and it works as expected  Smile

Please, dear Tyson, can you take a closer look at this issue? Thanks a lot  Heart 

Best,
Sascha

PS: Tried it again with another workstation, same situation: after upgrading to 16113 the issue occurs in the same way.
Hi,

Thanks for attaching the scene file...it looks like the resample child re-ordering is not being calculated correctly. I believe I did change something in that regard recently, so it's probably a regression. I'll look into getting it fixed.
So I looked closer at the file and I'd say the behavior is actually correct, even though it may seem counter intuitive. I realize it "worked" in previous builds, but it "worked" because in previous builds the logic was a bit broken.

What you actually want to do is start off with your first particle...then spawn *two* particles from it, spreading one of them and then resampling them with the sibling resample method. That way all particles in the chain are siblings. Finally, bind them as siblings and don't bind to parent.

I've attached a scene file with the modification showing you how this is done.

Attached Files
.max   tf_test_string_modified.max (Size: 700 KB / Downloads: 166)
Ah, ok, that makes sense to me Smile  Thanks Tyson for clearing this!

Best
Sascha