Particles along a path to form complex tentacles
Hi, thanks for having me, this is my first post and I'll be hangin around alot trying to learn. I've been struggling trying to figure out how to do this myself, but I've got a scene with tentacles I'm going to be rigging up to move around and grow out from a creature.

I'm not sure the best way to go about it, but I want the tentacles to grow out as a mesh (or perhaps compliment an existing deformed tentacle mesh), and then kinda fork off into tiny veins at the very tips

Eventually the tentacles would need to disintegrate as the creature will die, but the tricky part is the tentacles will also need to be animating and kinda whipping around the place. I've made a bunch of splines in the shapes I want, but I can't figure out how to get what I want, fairly new to tyFlow and effects in general. All day I've been kinda beating my head against it learning stuff, I can get particles to follow my path and I can get them to fork out and grow veiny parts but it's all very random and junky and I lack the knowledge on where to really start properly here. I was going to brute force with animated meshes on path deforms that slither out or something but that'll be much less cool.

Can a mesh be reasonably generated along an animated spline like this?

[Image: EIXo3UJ.jpg]
Update:

This is what I have so far from my efforts and I think it can be much better, though I am pretty proud of my little spline IK setup

[Image: FiWZj4i.gif]