Using tyLooper
Hi, I can't figure out how to use the tyLooper modifier.

I simulated a flag waving in the wind for 200 frames, and intended to loop frames 25-200 (skipping the initial setting in place)

I first exported the animation as Alembic, loaded it with a VRayProxy, but adding tyLooper does nothing.
Then as a tyCache, adding tyLooper made Max lock up with 100% CPU usage when I reached the blending frames.
Disabling "Use GPU instancing" on the tyCache fixed the lockup but tyLooper then does nothing.

So, how is tyLooper supposed to be used?

This was with tyFlow v0.16116 on Max 2020.3

Edit: actually it does morph to the start frame mesh, but after end frame it snaps back to the end mesh and doesn't move anymore, so no looping. Are we supposed to re-export the mesh with tyLooper to then be able to play it back on a loop ?
Quote:Are we supposed to re-export the mesh with tyLooper to then be able to play it back on a loop ?

Yes, I guess it might be counter-intuitive but the tyLooper modifier doesn't loop the animation per se, but just gives you a loopable deformation. You'll need to loop the animation yourself. The easiest way is to put a Point Cache modifier on top, then use the playback graph mode to define start/end keyframes, and then set the playback graph controller to loop (you can do this with the out-of-range types control from the Graph Editor...just set to loop)