Record a piece of animation
Hello!
There is a problem that I am trying to solve and I do not understand how to do it.
The crux of the problem is this:
There is animation of particles for example 600 frames (animation X). I need to record a fragment of this animation from 100 to 150 frames (slice Y). Then I need to somehow insert a "slice Y" at the end of the "animation X" with a smooth transition
That is, so that the animation is looped on itself
I don't understand how to write "slice Y". I've tried using different Custom Properties settings, specifying the frame range for CustomTM recording. In the final event, I used the Find Target operator, which refers to the CustomTM operator, but nothing comes out. Find Target + CustomTM works, but only for one, last frame 150, not for a slice. That is, the animation recording does not work or I do not understand how to save / load it correctly
Can anyone suggest a solution?
If you want loopable animation, maybe it-s easier to just add mesh operator, disable "render only", and add Tylooper modifier to Tyflow Icon.
But I am not sure if this method is applicable to your concrete scene.
Other then that, you can try making Tycache, and afterwards doing to loop manually.

If you want a loop in the particle systems itself, then you can use custom properties for each particle to remember it's original position, then when it's life is about to end, you can make them travel to initial position (with find target, for example), and that way you can have a loop.
Thanks for your reply!
tylooper is not suitable for my scene. I tried but 3dsmax freezes. On a simple stage, yes, it works well. There are a lot of particles in my scene. Cache is recorded for about 36 hours for my scene and weighs about 100GB, in general it suits me, but I can't loop it with a looper.
That's why I want to somehow record a fragment of the animation using custom properties. So that later, smoothly go to this fragment by mixing it with the final animation.
I manage to write the state of one specific frame in custom properties, but I don't understand how I can write several frames there, and then refer to this record using FindTarget. What parameters do I need to use?
I tried to depict what I need with colors in the picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You'll need to use scripting here...Custom Properties won't achieve the result you want. The script you write will need to cache particle transforms over your desired source range, then lerp them with existing transforms over your desired target range. The Script operator contains all the functions necessary to do this.

tyLooper probably freezes because by the sounds of it you're trying to loop a massive amount of data. Since tyLooper operates directly on mesh data, it's definitely not the solution you want.
Thanks for your reply! You helped