Custom Properties - set and get values

I am still struggling with custom properties and hope, that someone can help me understand...

What I try to achieve:
Particle A ("source") is modified by several operators. Its z-position shall be transferred to particle B ("result") of a different birth-event.
Since A is part of a cloth bind, I use a particle C as messenger, which is linked to particle A as target.

But whatever chanel, value, modus (Cust.Vector or Cust.TM), evaluation priority I try, it does not affect the particle the desired way. It always moves from position-object to position-birth 0,0,0.

When I keep it in the same birth-event, everything works fine. This is the precedure of Simone Natastis great tutorial or Bobans tip about Custom Properties. E.g. I can put the box back the initial state (Set>value/chanelConfusedelf >> Get>value/chanelConfusedelf with correct evaluation priority)

Thus I guess, I did something wrong with chanels/values.

I understood the concept like in the sketch (neglecting the timing options):

Particle A
Frame 1: Set "value: Self" -> write property of A at frame 1
Frame 3: Get "value: self" -> put back property of A at frame 1

Particle B
Frame 1: set "value: self"
Frame 3: get "value: target" -> reads property of B at frame 1

With different value-settings (self/target) I can control, how particles communicate with eachother.
With different chanel-settings (self/target) I suppose I can keep the communication even when the particle die at different frames.

But maybe I am mistaken?
Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance!
this translates to : get "testTm" channel value from my target and apply it slowly to myself.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   targetChannel.max (Size: 636 KB / Downloads: 125)
(05-24-2021, 08:19 AM)windwolfx23 Wrote: this translates to : get "testTm" channel value from my target and apply it slowly to myself.

Hi Windwolf

thank you very much for your explanation and espacially for taking your time to set up a sample-scene.
I realized, that I was missing a "set target" prior to custom properties, and now everything works as wanted.

Best regards,
Ben.