Can't add keyframes to Parameters
I'm probably doing something terribly wrong.  I want to animate parameters in a Tyflow Operator.  However, I'm unable to.  Can you confirm that paramerter are Keyable and if so, what could be the problem here?  
I've tried with several operators, but the one I'm trying to animate is the Random Spread X Value =/- in the Spread Operator.
I've tried using the Auto Key and also right clicking on the parameter and Add Key.

Keyframes seem to be added but the values don't seem to be affected.
Quote:Keyframes seem to be added but the values don't seem to be affected.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? And have you used the Keyframes rollout in the operator to tell tyFlow how to synchronize the keys to the particles?
(06-04-2021, 04:20 AM)tyFlow Wrote:
Quote:Keyframes seem to be added but the values don't seem to be affected.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? And have you used the Keyframes rollout in the operator to tell tyFlow how to synchronize the keys to the particles?

first of all thank you for your reply.

What I mean by this is that I set the timeline slider to  frame zero and I add a value of100 in the Spread parameter and set a keyframe.  Keyframes seem to be set as I can see a red outline on the parameter. Then I move the slider to frame 20 and change the value to 0 and set another keyframe.  I scrub the timeline and the value remains at 0.

As for your other question with regards to the "Keyframes" I tried changing it from Absolute, Event Age and Particle Age.  None of them seem to make a difference.
Can you check the parameters in the graph editor to ensure the keyframe was set correctly?
(06-04-2021, 04:39 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Can you check the parameters in the graph editor to ensure the keyframe was set correctly?

Graph editor is showing no keys
Then they haven't been set properly. I tried just now, using auto key, and it works fine...
(06-04-2021, 04:50 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Then they haven't been set properly. I tried just now, using auto key, and it works fine...

Thank you for testing that for me.  This means I'm clearly doing something wrong.  I guess, I'll have to keep digging into this to find what's up.

Thank you for your time.
Turn on auto key, then change the spinner values at different points in time. Do the keyframes get set?
(06-04-2021, 05:02 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Turn on auto key, then change the spinner values at different points in time. Do the keyframes get set?

ok so first thing.  I did what you said and sure enough keyframes are being set.  So that's good.  
However, when I right click and click show in Track View.  There are no keyframes in there.
I switch to Curve Editor, still nothing
I switch to Dope Sheet, still nothing.
Yet there are keyframes added.
You have to make sure the tyFlow object is selected when opening the Graph Editor.
(06-04-2021, 05:16 AM)tyFlow Wrote: You have to make sure the tyFlow object is selected when opening the Graph Editor.

oh that's super helpful, thank you, I didn't know that part.  So far I'm able to set keys and now I can also see the keys on the graph.  Now I just need to figure out the odd behaviour from the Spread operator.  Those parameters do some very funky stuff.  For example:- 
I start with a value of 0 and my sphere looks like a sphere.  
I then scrub on the time to a frame and change the value to 100 and add a keyframe.  Sphere is now sliced up
I then scrub further on the timeline and add a final keyframe and change the value back to 0.  What I expect here is the Sphere to be back as it was on frame 0.  However, it doesn't do that.  This operator seems to be doing something funky.
tyFlow is history dependent. Each frame the particles are spread, the spread effect is added to the last frame, so they're spread further and further. If you want particles to return to their starting state, you need to store that starting state and then restore it each successive frame. You can do this using Custom Properties operators (set position on entry to vector channel, then get position continuously from that channel after that, prior to spread).
(06-04-2021, 06:47 AM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow is history dependent. Each frame the particles are spread, the spread effect is added to the last frame, so they're spread further and further. If you want particles to return to their starting state, you need to store that starting state and then restore it each successive frame. You can do this using Custom Properties operators (set position on entry to vector channel, then get position continuously from that channel after that, prior to spread).

aah, that's what's happening.  Thank you so much for all this help.  I really appreciate it.  I can see that I have a lot to learn!

thank you so much
Glad you solved your problem, but I recall having the same (or very similar) issue with 3DS Max few years a go.
It's not related to Tyflow, but it's exactly how you described it.
When you right click, it just deletes the keyframes... or it was deleting selected keyframes on timeline.. something like that...

Can't remember how I solved it... maybe I reinstalled 3DS Max, or reset UI..

Yeah... that was very weird...