Position raycast operator: Rays as splines
Hi!

Can you please add an option to extract/use the rays of the position raycast operator as splines?
Maybe with the option to just consider rays with confirmed rayhit or an option to draw the spline just up to a defined maximum length for non-hitting rays (or all rays)?

Thank you and greetings!
Hey, maybe this slipped through? Sorry.
All splines generated by tyFlow are dependent on particles, so just generating arbitrary splines that don't correspond to pairs of particles for the start/end point is not possible.

That said, you could generate the splines pretty easily by creating your initial particles, then spawning a child for each one and shooting it in the direction you want, and using a Collision operator to simulate a ray hit. From there, use a Spline Paths operator to generate splines between parent/child.
Thank you for clarifying and the tips! Yeah - I already found it out by my self a while ago and used the method you're describing back then. I just hoped you could hack the rays in some way to extract them directly as visual splines. That would have made it easier in some cases.