Deadline not found
Hi there,

we recently started using Deadline for our small farm and now we wanted to make use of it for tyCache export.
It works from the locak office workstation, but not from the remote homeoffice workstation, I get an error about "Deadline not found".
Weirdly enough, I can submit a job for rendering from the same remote workstation without problems.

And while we´re on the topic...Is it possible to change the tyCache exporter script, so it unticks the "script" submission in the deadline submission script?
Its a minor inconvenience, but it took me forever to figure out why the scene would fail to render, as that script button was still ticked, after exporting thy tyCache via deadline.
The Deadline export function relies on the Deadline lightning plugin, which itself relies on your system PATH variable ("DEADLINE_PATH") to find the deadline repo and the necessary EXEs to process a submission. My guess is that something on your remote system is not setup properly, so that the chain of command is broken somewhere. Either way, these are not tyFlow-related issues...tyFlow merely calls up Deadline-provided functions but doesn't handle any of that configuration itself.

As for the script button issue, it's odd that it's remaining sticky...sounds like an issue with your submitter in that is not resetting its value, but since we only use a 3rd party submitter at work I can't tell if the sticky nature of it is something Thinkbox intended, or something your 3rd party submitter intended if you're using a 3rd party one. Either way, I see no harm in toggling that back to its original value after submission...I'll make a note to change that in the next build.
(07-08-2021, 02:30 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The Deadline export function relies on the Deadline lightning plugin, which itself relies on your system PATH variable ("DEADLINE_PATH") to find the deadline repo and the necessary EXEs to process a submission. My guess is that something on your remote system is not setup properly, so that the chain of command is broken somewhere. Either way, these are not tyFlow-related issues...tyFlow merely calls up Deadline-provided functions but doesn't handle any of that configuration itself.

As for the script button issue, it's odd that it's remaining sticky...sounds like an issue with your submitter in that is not resetting its value, but since we only use a 3rd party submitter at work I can't tell if the sticky nature of it is something Thinkbox intended, or something your 3rd party submitter intended if you're using a 3rd party one. Either way, I see no harm in toggling that back to its original value after submission...I'll make a note to change that in the next build.

Yeah, its quite a lot of setup, but I already love it, so I just gotta chew threw it.
Something is definitely broken somewhere, as the rendernodes have stopped responding as well, aklthough these issues might be unrelated.
Just in case it helps me find the issue..
Where is that system PATH variable located?
I´m just using the 3ds max submission script that comes with deadline.
The path variable is here:

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/add-...-variable/

I'd also consult the Deadline docs on fixing the setup, since modifying PATH is something it should do automatically...if it hasn't, there may be more problems with the installation than just this.
Hm, okey, I can see the correct DEADLINE_PATH in the Path environment variable. I´ll just try and reinstall it on my home office workstation, see if that fixes it.