animated alembic in tyactor
I'm tyring to use an animated Alembic file in a tyactor but can't seem to get the animation to come through. I have set the animation length and added the tyactor animation node. what am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

L
If you object has mere deformations, you can import them by enabling deformations in the tyActor helper. But if it has changing topology (vert/face counts change over time), that's not supported by tyActors. You'll need to import that animation with a regular Shape operator instead.
that clears things up as the alembic was an exported tymesher which obviously changes over time. Cheers!
(07-15-2021, 02:18 AM)tyFlow Wrote: If you object has mere deformations, you can import them by enabling deformations in the tyActor helper. But if it has changing topology (vert/face counts change over time), that's not supported by tyActors. You'll need to import that animation with a regular Shape operator instead.

I am trying to drive an alembic animation (which was an exported tymesher) using typarticle skinner. the particle skin uses a collaped version of the tymesher with bones. 

So basically trying to dirve an alembic animation with a tyflow rigid body. Just trying to make the end shake naturally.

Is this somthing that can be done? 

I attached 2 vids that show the alembic animation and the low res rigid body 

So far it seems to drive it until the animation starts on the alembic then it gets ignored by the particle skin.

Attached Files
.mp4   fungus-72.2_preview.mp4 (Size: 9.48 MB / Downloads: 202)
.mp4   fungus-72.3_preview.mp4 (Size: 834.62 KB / Downloads: 122)