Actor / Bones
I have been having an issue the last few days with tyactor. I have searched as best I can before coming here to ask, but the actor mesh goes nuts when physx applied. I've setup several little test flows with different rigs I've imported, they work as expected until physx, and then the shape goes into chaos. I've setup physx bind every way I can, and it shows the bindings as expected. I have not experimented with the actor operator all that much, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, perhaps the models I'm using? I did read somewhere on here where admin looked at a users rig, and the bones where made of helpers, and from what I gathered they told the user they needed geometry, does this apply to bones? Thanks.
Are your bones overlapping? Perhaps the artifacts are caused by the bones trying to separate or something? You can disable starting collisions in the PhysX Shape operator and see if that helps.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my issue, and for the suggestion. To answer your question, the bones are little boxes centered on each joints pivot, basically looks like a mixamo rig I've downloaded before. Its an fbx I've imported, and everything looks good and animation works as expected until physx is activated, and then it breaks. I setup as kinetic to see what happen with collision, could not get a result with phys x collision, but a collision operator works, but only sends the parts of the body that collided to the next event, leaving the rest to carry on its animation, stretching the mesh as it travels. Again, this may be normal and I may be missing a step, but kind of following along some of your example files I don't feel like it should be giving me a different result. It feels like there is something wrong with the model. I imported the mixamo model I mentioned, and the results are a little different, but still seems way off.  Thanks again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can't use mixamo models (or any fbx riggs) and get PhysX working right out of the box.
Simply because these riggs are using helpers as bones and not geometry as bones.
So PhysX basically doesn't have nothing to work with (calculate collisions)... It can't do it with helpers.

You can try that script for automatically converting Mixamo riggs to biped, but it wasn't working for all models when I tested them.
Yea Mixamo comes in as helpers, and PhysX requires shape meshes in order to work.

At some point I should probably write some kind of Mixamo-to-bones converter or something.
(07-24-2021, 05:38 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You can't use mixamo models (or any fbx riggs) and get PhysX working right out of the box.
Simply because these riggs are using helpers as bones and not geometry as bones.
So PhysX basically doesn't have nothing to work with (calculate collisions)... It can't do it with helpers.

You can try that script for automatically converting Mixamo riggs to biped, but it wasn't working for all models when I tested them.

That makes perfect sense, thank you.

(07-24-2021, 05:41 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Yea Mixamo comes in as helpers, and PhysX requires shape meshes in order to work.

At some point I should probably write some kind of Mixamo-to-bones converter or something.

Thanks, I appreciate the help, and I really appreciate the work that has gone into this plugin, it is truly outstanding.
FYI, this script will take any Mixamo rig and turn it into a tyflow compatible biped rig, Mixamo used to supply it but they stopped after Adobe bought them out. It's super useful -

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1aLZr2PSC...t=download