Property test (neighbors) between two Particles Shapes
Hi,

I am working on a rigid body simulation (another building collapse). This time the main activator for the explosion is not an animated object but a tyflow particle.
I used to call a distance surface test operator (between the activator and the building) to put some voronoi particulary around the collision area just before any physX interactions.

But this time, as the activator is a tyflow particle (with a displaced shape), I called a neighbor property test to send the desired building geo to the next event (voronoi, physX, gravity, bind, etc). Unfortunately it did'nt work. I tried different parameters for the neighbor test (absolute radius, shape radius, scale radius) but none of them worked ... The thing is that the distance is calculated from the activator's origin (where the particle was born) but not from the shape given to it (which scale up by the time).

Does someone know how to create a workaround for it ? I looked at this post but did'nt work out for me  ... https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-1464.html

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

did you ever get an answer to this?  i can't for the life of me get 2 particle flows to interact based on their actual shapes, such as with surface test, object test, physx sim, etc.

always works fine when you are polling an actual mesh, but can't seem to poll the shape of another tyflow particle.

example: i want to shoot tyflow spheres at a wall and fragment the wall.
The latest build has Script operator functions which allow you to test for particle intersections/overlap using the convex hull of a particle. This would allow you to test if a particle's shape is overlapping another particle's shape and send to another event when that happens. Eventually these functions will be added to the Property Test as well, so you don't need a script to use them.

Also you can setup your PhysX Shape as a trigger using the PhysX Switch operator. Triggers will trigger PhysX Collision operator inter-particle collision tests, without calculating any actual physics (colliding). This may be a separate workaround you could try.
(10-26-2021, 06:29 AM)tyFlow Wrote: The latest build has Script operator functions which allow you to test for particle intersections/overlap using the convex hull of a particle. This would allow you to test if a particle's shape is overlapping another particle's shape and send to another event when that happens. Eventually these functions will be added to the Property Test as well, so you don't need a script to use them.

Also you can setup your PhysX Shape as a trigger using the PhysX Switch operator. Triggers will trigger PhysX Collision operator inter-particle collision tests, without calculating any actual physics (colliding). This may be a separate workaround you could try.

thanks for the reply.  i'll try to wire that up.