cache not saving when using gradient ramp
I have the gradient ramp used in a scale operator and for some reason it makes tyflow constantly update the cache forward and back. if i update to a jpg of a gradient it works normally but i like the built in one.

have recreated it in a simple scene where it's not so noticable, but in the scene i encountered it i becomes unworkable.

hope i'm just wrong and it's not a bug.

Cheers!

Attached Files
.max   gradient-bug.max (Size: 816 KB / Downloads: 188)
Max's Gradient Ramp has a bug where it continually sends reset notifications to dependent object, even if nothing changes. Unfortunately this hasn't been fixed for many years...and because reset notifications sent throughout Max are mostly ambiguous, I have no way of detecting when the messages are bad.

The solution is to set tyFlow's reset mode to manual (from the editor right click menu) and just reset the flow manually when you need to. That way the cache won't be destroyed when the Gradient Map bugs out.
(08-13-2021, 03:16 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Max's Gradient Ramp has a bug where it continually sends reset notifications to dependent object, even if nothing changes. Unfortunately this hasn't been fixed for many years...and because reset notifications sent throughout Max are mostly ambiguous, I have no way of detecting when the messages are bad.

The solution is to set tyFlow's reset mode to manual (from the editor right click menu) and just reset the flow manually when you need to. That way the cache won't be destroyed when the Gradient Map bugs out.

Okay thanks, seems to work!