Particle velocity injecting into FumeFX
Hey,

I have come across a strange issue with max 2020 and fumefx 5. When i set up a fumefx sim with particles it works fine for the first simulation. However if i stop the sim and adjust the fume or tyflow settings, the particle seems to stop injecting their velocities into the fume grid. You can tell if its working or not by enabling the voxel view and displaying the velocity info.

I did find a work around however, if you save the scene, reopen it and simulate again it will start working. Only after you stop it and adjust some of the setting does it seem to break again. Has anyone else come across this issue? I have included the scene file below for testing.

Thanks!

Attached Files
.max   tyflow_vel_test.max (Size: 648 KB / Downloads: 131)
I would suggest ping the FumeFX guys about this. Also in your tyFlow cache settings make sure you're exporting the velocity channel.
Yeah i had fume set to export velocities as well as setting it on the cache. Were you able to repro the issue at least? If you open the file and sim it should work. However if you change some of the fumefx settings or tyflow settings and simulate again, it will break again until you save and reload the scene file. (dont need to restart all of 3ds max)