Growth space colonization sub branching.
Hey everyone!

I am currently experimenting with the space colonization feature and its been pretty awesome so far! I am trying to make some coral effects that look like this.

https://www.123rf.com/photo_39349021_a-l...-reef.html

The difficulty i am having is that the secondary particles that control where the branch grows to can only be used by a single branch. If i spawn multiple points that the branches grow from, they will never connect with each other. They will also not cross branch within its own growth pattern. 

Does anyone know of a way to make it create more child sub branches that will grow and connect to each other? I didn't see any options in the growth setting to allow the secondary "location" particle be be used multiple times. Perhaps some options for child branches in the space colonization settings might be useful? The ability to specify how many times a branch is allowed to connect to these location particles?

Perhaps I am approaching this in the wrong way and there maybe be a better solution that you guys know of? Any insight would be very helpful. Big Grin
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is just sort of a limitation with the space colonization algorithm in general. The expansion points are removed as they are grown to...preventing other simultaneous growths from overlapping the previous ones. Perhaps you could experiment with re-generating those expansion particles over time or something...
Hmm, i had a suspicion that might be the case, i had noticed the expansion particles being deleted as it grew. I will continue to experiment.