If processing time per frame is greater then var then halt
I’m looking for a way to halt the simulation process if the time to process a frame/timestep is longer than a set time value.

As it stands, 3ds max’s response to manually stopping via any other methods can be temperamental. So including a function like this would be very helpful in those times when each frame's processing time is exponentially increasing.

Aaron Munro
Vector 6
You can hold SHIFT+ESC (as directed in the status bar) to cancel tyFlow's longer operations. Holding is important. It can't simply be pressed and released.

If you've found a place where even holding SHIFT+ESC doesn't stop an operation, let me know and I'll get it fixed.
(09-06-2021, 12:59 AM)tyFlow Wrote: You can hold SHIFT+ESC (as directed in the status bar) to cancel tyFlow's longer operations. Holding is import. It can't simply be pressed and released.

If you've found a place where even holding SHIFT+ESC doesn't stop an operation, let me know and I'll get it fixed.

I have had a few instances where SHIFT+ESC will still fail to stop the operation. I believe in an instant where there is an exponential increase in elements with Voronoi Fractures with Particle Physics/PhysX components. I've also used lower time-steps, noticing that if it reaches one of the time-steps, it has been able to break out, while holding either ESC or SHIFT+ESC. 

I should probably reduce my Max fractures per frame in these situations.

While I have you here, on a side note. Do you have tooltips on UI elements? Not something I'm expecting you to implement if not as looking at all your settings, it would be a crazy request to make. Although, I did envision using a help file as a lookup table to search for a tag based on the GUI element a tooltip function was applied to. I'm happy to add this is the feature request board if it has not been added already. Smile

Thanks for your quick response!

Kind regards

Aaron
Yes PhysX is a bit of an exception to the Shift+ESC rule. Once I pass control to the PhysX solver, there's no escape from it until it completes its operation. That's just how NVidia have made it.

I don't have any tooltips at the moment, no. The entire UI is kind of hanging in the balance at the moment, as I decide whether or not (or mostly when) to migrate everything to Qt. Until then, I probably won't be making any sweeping changes.