Painfully simple?
This is probably painfully simple but not for all of us lol. Smile

I want to have a tapered tower (Sharp or acute pyramid) of bricks crumble (Not fracture or voronoi, bricks should stay whole) from the top down and have bricks collide with standing structure intact as they tumble down.

I have a surface test object set to "Volume (Inside)" animate down over bricks, works fine, but as you've probably guessed lead bricks do not collide with preceding bricks not yet activated they just clip through straight to ground, so I need to have the structure collision calculate in it's entirety as the top of it tumbles down brick by brick.

I know it's simple but not getting through the led, I tried adding time + another physX object to sort of delay, but anyway, brain needing a little bit of guidance.

Thank you in advance for any and all guidance!
Works fine here.
You probably forgot to add PhysX Switch (kinematic) on pyramid before it was activated by surface test.. that's why they fall through non activated bricks. 
Attaching you a file.

(you'll probably need to add some speed or wind in the second event, because pyramid won't collapse on itself (pyramid is the most stable geometric form Smile )

Attached Files
.max   pyramid.max (Size: 712 KB / Downloads: 133)
(09-15-2021, 08:04 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Thank you for always helping me with these basic questions, it very much appreciated!

I had a gravity force to get the bricks ? tumbling, the pyramid is almost an obolisk so very pointy. The whole thing was the activated bricks not colliding with inactivated. Simple but eluded me totally.

Going to be able to finish my project now thanks to your help, thanks again, good vibes heading your way!