The export particles operator adds an inherited scene object material export.
HI.Tyson!

The export particles operator adds an inherited scene object material export.
I often use the export particles operator to export object animation. Because tycache is small and fast. And suitable for rendering. So I tested many places and found that when multiple animated objects need to be exported, they cannot inherit materials, which is troublesome. Therefore, you want to inherit the material of the exported object and merge it into a multi-dimensional sub material when exporting the object animation.
thank you

In the actual project, there are many problems in ABC format and Vray agent. I see tycache is very good. It has the advantages of the above two formats, and is faster and smaller. So I want to use tycache uniformly in the future projects. In terms of process, only material inheritance is needed
In Max, there is no very general format to solve this problem except Xmesh. Now Xmesh does not seem to be updated and has lost its original meaning. However, "tycache" has almost all the advantages of Xmesh, but it lacks the option of inheriting materials when exporting Max scene objects.
In addition, it would be perfect if you could also export the material file when exporting.
Hi cgdvs,

Unfortunately merging matIDs together into a big multi-sub material is no longer a feasible task due to the advent of modern renderers' own multi-sub texmaps. When a texmap contains multi-sub instructions for a renderer, its material will no longer work correctly if placed in a parent multi-sub mat. For example, if I assign a vray multi-sub texmap to an object and assign that texmap its own sub-texmaps, that texmap will no longer function correctly when its material is placed inside a parent multi-sub material.

Due to this limitation, I leave it up to the user to organize their material IDs. It's unfortunate, but it's the only outcome that guarantees proper render output when combining objects together. I could theoretically write my own material ID combiner (similar to what XMesh does), but it will cause problems if users unknowingly include any materials that contain a multi-sub texmap.
I have discussed with many friends in the industry about the current animation format. Except that Xmesh is an ideal format, there is nothing else. Of course, there is now a "USD" format. But this format is difficult to be widely used.
I thought that tycache only needs a multi-dimensional material to match perfectly. Thank you for giving us laymen a lesson. Of course, we always expect tycache to be more perfect.