Inaccuary when away from scene center
Hello,

I am working on a project where an agricultural machine picks up grass with some fast spinning devices (30 turns / minute).
The grass particles on the floor are getting picked up by some deflectors and also get Object-Bind to those for a few frames, and then get thrown off.
It works well in my testscene (See attachment 01.jpg).

But now I implemented it in my final scene, where the machine is moving across a bigger field and I realize, that the particle system is loosing accurary when I am more far away from the scene center. Doesn't even have to be that much, a few dozen meters are enough to get a result like in attachment 02.jpg. The particles don't get Object-binded so well to the deflectors...

Is there any quick fix to that issue?

Thx in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Assuming your scene scale isn't massive (units set to something very tiny)....I'm not sure why your sim would be less accurate at a couple meters away. Likely something else is going on. You can send the scene to support@tyflow.com if you want me to look at it.

Quickest fix would be to export the correct sim as a tyCache and then just move the tyCache object in space to the location you want it, so the sim itself will be the same and you just offset the cache. After exporting to tyCache make sure you set the tyCache object's coordinates to local so that it becomes moveable.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Unfortunately I can't just use a cache from my particle test scene, as there are different to show in the final scene (different speeds, uneven ground, ...)

I am gonna simplify my scene and send it to you right away, thx!

(09-23-2021, 02:35 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Assuming your scene scale isn't massive (units set to something very tiny)....I'm not sure why your sim would be less accurate at a couple meters away. Likely something else is going on. You can send the scene to support@tyflow.com if you want me to look at it.

Quickest fix would be to export the correct sim as a tyCache and then just move the tyCache object in space to the location you want it, so the sim itself will be the same and you just offset the cache. After exporting to tyCache make sure you set the tyCache object's coordinates to local so that it becomes moveable.

E-Mail sent.
For those running into a similar problem...this was due to the large scene scale and was fixed by increasing the offset value in the Collision operator.