One more observation in Tywind
Hey there
Usually when I am doing RnD, I tend to keep playback on and try to tweak the parameters of tyflow helper objects or tyflow operator parameters and they update in the middle of my playback.....

Well thats not the case with Tywind....its not updating while playback is on.
infact the tweaked parameter during playback doesnt even work when the playback is stopped and restarted......it only gets updated if I tweak the parameters after the playback is stopped....

I thought maybe it must be with tyflow helper objects, but its only isolated to tywind.....I checked tyvortex, its working fine

Please look into it....

Thank you
Nayan Bodawala
Thanks Nayan, I'll look into this.
Just a follow up to this......so this has actually been the case (flow doesn't reset while animation is playing and changes are made to input objects) for a very long time. I think maybe you hadn't noticed, because the rule doesn't apply to operator settings (only input objects). So, for example, if you playback a flow and tweak an operator parameter, the flow will update during playback and you'll see the change right away. But if you tweak a spacewarp or force object parameter during playback, the flow won't reset.

I believe I implemented this a long time ago because certain objects in max send rogue/improper reset notifications during playback...so disabling playback resets was my workaround. If this is a really important feature for you, I could consider adding a setting somewhere to disable this behavior and allow force object changes during playback. Alternatively you could simply disable flow caching while you're making these types of realtime tweaks...because all that's happening is the cache is not being cleared during playback when a change is detected, so with no cache being saved, your real-time changes will apply.
(10-05-2021, 06:31 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Just a follow up to this......so this has actually been the case (flow doesn't reset while animation is playing and changes are made to input objects) for a very long time. I think maybe you hadn't noticed, because the rule doesn't apply to operator settings (only input objects). So, for example, if you playback a flow and tweak an operator parameter, the flow will update during playback and you'll see the change right away. But if you tweak a spacewarp or force object parameter during playback, the flow won't reset.

I believe I implemented this a long time ago because certain objects in max send rogue/improper reset notifications during playback...so disabling playback resets was my workaround. If this is a really important feature for you, I could consider adding a setting somewhere to disable this behavior and allow force object changes during playback. Alternatively you could simply disable flow caching while you're making these types of realtime tweaks...because all that's happening is the cache is not being cleared during playback when a change is detected, so with no cache being saved, your real-time changes will apply.

oh okey, I understand

yeah I think I must have not noticed before.....so would have thought has an issue.....sorry for taking your time.....

...Its good to tweak  during playback while doing RnDs.....else its not that important as working with live project, things are pretty messed up and heavy - not a good to tweak parameter while playback.....well its upto you, whether you want to implement it or not....I am happy either way......

Thank you for your response