Actor not rendering, but its skin objects
Hello have an issue here with the actor not rendering, but only the objects loaded in the skin modifier as the physx collision shapes.

Im simulating a chain with a pendant and in viewport its showing the correct objects and not the collision shapes

Right is the collision shape loaded hull type as convex with 4 parts. Left the actual actor-object.

Same issue with the torus object in the back.

There is also another collider in the back, that shouldnt be rendering, too.

Attached image

How to solve this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmm, what renderer are you using?
(10-03-2021, 07:37 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, what renderer are you using?

Renderer is Arnold latest version. Rendering with GPU.

Just noticed that all chains have that issue!?
(10-03-2021, 07:37 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, what renderer are you using?

Attached the scene

Attached Files
.max   Untitled.max (Size: 2.91 MB / Downloads: 222)
Do you think its the GPU drivers maybe or did i forgot something?
Did tried the mesh and material operators, but no luck
Hello?
Hi, sorry for the delay. This thread slipped through the cracks...

I've looked at your file now...this seems to be an Arnold bug. It's not querying tyFlow particles with the proper interface flag so tyFlow is returning all particles regardless of whether or not they're supposed to be renderable. Because Arnold is forcibly retrieving the wrong interface from the tyFlow object, you can't even use a trick like putting a mesh modifier on top of the tyFlow in order to override its particles and convert it to an editable mesh for rendering.

Luckily there is a simple workaround in your case:

Create a tyMesher object, set mode to "Input Geometry", disable "force particle interface" and then select your tyFlow object. The tyFlow will pass only its actor meshes to the tyMesher, and Arnold won't override the tyMesher output with the particle data.
For what it's worth, I've logged the bugs with Autodesk's bug tracker. Hopefully they can fix the Arnold issues.

If you're a member of the 3ds Max BETA you can follow the progress of the bug resolution by checking DEFECT-3893.
(10-07-2021, 05:57 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi, sorry for the delay. This thread slipped through the cracks...

I've looked at your file now...this seems to be an Arnold bug. It's not querying tyFlow particles with the proper interface flag so tyFlow is returning all particles regardless of whether or not they're supposed to be renderable. Because Arnold is forcibly retrieving the wrong interface from the tyFlow object, you can't even use a trick like putting a mesh modifier on top of the tyFlow in order to override its particles and convert it to an editable mesh for rendering.

Luckily there is a simple workaround in your case:

Create a tyMesher object, set mode to "Input Geometry", disable "force particle interface" and then select your tyFlow object. The tyFlow will pass only its actor meshes to the tyMesher, and Arnold won't override the tyMesher output with the particle data.

Thank you, that worked well.
Also just discovered, that saving the simulation to tycache the display is correct,too.

But got a different issue now regarding tycache, will open another thread.

(10-07-2021, 06:48 AM)tyFlow Wrote: For what it's worth, I've logged the bugs with Autodesk's bug tracker. Hopefully they can fix the Arnold issues.

If you're a member of the 3ds Max BETA you can follow the progress of the bug resolution by checking DEFECT-3893.

Sadly, i dont think they will... Sad
I lost hope a long time ago for that company