Import particles from cache
Hi
i am not sure if there is already a way to do it but if not:

most of the time i work with very large particle events an it would be nice to cut it into pieces.
i would cache one part of the flow and then use for the next part.

Regards
H.Kroeber
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but you can use Birth Flow/Flow Update operators to import another flow. You can also use retime functions to tune which frame you'd like your input flow to be "frozen" to, at the time of input.

So for example, you can have flow001 that simulates your particles to a starting point of frame 100. Then set its retimer to be frame 100. Then you can import that flow into flow002 at frame 0, and go from there. Chaining flows like this allows you to setup initial states and things.

You can also use Birth Flow/Flow Update to import caches, so instead of having a live flow input, you can input a cache.
(10-06-2021, 04:14 AM)tyFlow Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but you can use Birth Flow/Flow Update operators to import another flow. You can also use retime functions to tune which frame you'd like your input flow to be "frozen" to, at the time of input.

So for example, you can have flow001 that simulates your particles to a starting point of frame 100. Then set its retimer to be frame 100. Then you can import that flow into flow002 at frame 0, and go from there. Chaining flows like this allows you to setup initial states and things.

You can also use Birth Flow/Flow Update to import caches, so instead of having a live flow input, you can input a cache.

If there is a "file_cache" operator, it will be convenient in the process。 Smile Smile Smile