Problem with Freeform Brush 'Flatten'
When terrain editing with freeform brushes there's a big problem with the 'Flatten' Brush. The options for the brush don't have the options that allow you to change it's axis to Z (Or Y&X for that matter) which means there's no way to Z flatten your terrain through the freeform brush.  any game map editor I've ever used has a proper z flatten brush or tool that let's you create Z flat terrain. 

FYI I am aware of the align Z/X/Y functions/commands that let you select terrain and Z flatten your terrain but it's not as easy to use as it would be if the Flatten brush was fixed 

It would be nice if nyflow could possibly change the Flatten brush to give you those options.

Or maybe if there was a way to create a modifier called "Flatten" which includes a brush that can Z,Y,X,etc. flatten parts of your terrain.

If you don't know what I mean I suggest you go into 3dsmax and create a bumpy terrain(with Noise for example) And try to Z-flatten parts of your terrain with the 'Flatten' brush. I find it weird that they didn't fix this problem yet :S

Thanks for any replies!
This isn't related to tyFlow. I suggest submitting a bug report with the 3ds Max devs.
Wall I was kind of hoping you could consider for example create a modifier that's called lets say "tyflatten" which includes a brush that let's you Z flatten terrain with that brush since there isn't any current brush that let's you Z flatten terrain