Particles to origional position
I am making an image out of particles, then causing them to swirl around. Then, at a specific point, make the particles swirl back differently to their original position.

The first stage works well, and the particles move about and bump into each other.
I am using Particle physics to do the collisions.

The second part is not going well. To make the particles go back to their original position, I am using Custom Properties Get TM. The particles only go back in a straight line and ignores any force or Particle physics.

I tried using find target using Custom TM, but that bounced around and never quite got there.

Are there any other methods or tips?

I would appreciate some help.

Thank you
There's an official sample file where some primitive is crumbling with PhysX, and then it get's back to original position.
I think you should look into that.
(11-19-2021, 12:21 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: There's an official sample file where some primitive is crumbling with PhysX, and then it get's back to original position.
I think you should look into that.
Thank you for your reply.

I've seen that file, and although great for that particular example, it doesn't quite work for what I want.

I  do not want the particles to travel back in a straight line. Instead, I want forces and Particle Physics to act on them before they arrive at their starting point. So the effect is they meander back to their starting point.

Custom Properties Get TM appears to ignore physics and force. Also, if I reduce the Custom TM Interpolation to below 0.02, to slow down the return, the particles never quite reach their targets.

Any thoughts
But isn't that what mentioned sample exactly do?
It brakes the torus knot, and then it forms it again, but not in straight - forward way, but they sort of climb to each others and reform the torus knot, in a dynamic way.

Maybe we talk about different sample files.
I mean sample file with the name: tyFlow_recombine_001.max, and it's inside PhysX folder.

I know you're using Particle Physics, and not PhysX, but I assume that with Particle Physics it should be even more simpler (I might be wrong, though), because their collisions are just spherical, and PhysX have more complex (convex) collisions.
Your right I've been looking at a different file. There's lots to look into in this file. Thanks