scale radius curiosity
Hi!
A bit confused with scale radius in property test neighbours or in any other operator.....

in documentation you have expalined 
Scale Radius : the neighbor search radius of each particle will be set to each particle’s maximum scale dimension.

that means for e.g. if my particle scale is [5,5,5] then the scale radius should be 5 which makes diameter 10 right?

instead of that I am getting scale radius 2.5.

So can you explain why scale radius is half the scale dimension or I might be understanding it wrong.....
If your scale is [5,5,5] then the radius would be 2.5, yes. [5,5,5] are not radius values, but extents of the bounding box (so in the case of a sphere, diameter).

A [1,1,1] particle will have dimensions of 1unit x 1unit x 1unit (assuming it's a scale value applied to a 1x1x1 object). Scale radius is just [max(scale.x, scale.y, scale.z) * 0.5].
(11-19-2021, 04:09 PM)tyFlow Wrote: If your scale is [5,5,5] then the radius would be 2.5, yes. [5,5,5] are not radius values, but extents of the bounding box (so in the case of a sphere, diameter).

A [1,1,1] particle will have dimensions of 1unit x 1unit x 1unit (assuming it's a scale value applied to a 1x1x1 object). Scale radius is just [max(scale.x, scale.y, scale.z) * 0.5].

Okey....Thank you for the explanation......cleared my confusion