Path Follow Taper control
Hey all, after playing with path follow parameters, I can't get a result of a tapered flow of particles based on distance traveled or by proximity to an object.
Think of a tree and its branches created by spiraling particles using tysplines.  The example file is shown with a variety of parameters but it won't work I think with this method I'm doing.  Right now its a single event, just manipulating the parameters of the path follow operator so here are some questions and work arounds:

Is it possible to set up a custom property that is linked to a spinner value?  Can particle properties control animated spinners through some sort of link or wire parameters?  Like a bridge of sorts that sets a custom property to a value and then wire that value to an animated parameter?  If I just animate the spinner, it will change the whole path follow stream instead of based on distance or proximity.  

Do I need to make a spline mesh of tapered splines and have the particles follow them instead?  That would leave shells of particle spline trajectories instead of solid 'tree limbs'.  

Or maybe I need to break the path follow up into several different events instead of just trying to cram it all into 1?  

Any discussion about work arounds or ideas would be more learning for me that I can start looking in the right direction.  Thanks

**I could also be missing another operator completely that would solve this.  I used the path follow scene example as a R+D file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)