importing all particle traffic to another tyflow event
Question 
Hey

I have a problem with the use of particles from one tyflow in another.

I made a particle that will be a source for smoke simulation, but I would like to change the same particle system to RBD at some point and that it simulates in its own way. What I care about is one tyflow with a particle system that will later be the particle source in many other events. In my case it is an explosion of smoke in the window and when the particles are pressed into the box, they are converted to debris.

I have tried two options and both are not perfect:

1. I generate particles on the same source as the main particle system and I use "particle force" to keep their movement close to the main one.
2. I generate particles with birth flow and I remove them with time test when their age is greater than 0. Here I have a problem with the fact that the particles in the new tyflow are not in the same place as the source.
I'm pretty sure I'm skipping some little button that changes everything Big Grin

help. Wink
Someone... something ? There is definitely some way to get it right
Birth Flow/Flow update operators, should be the answer, but it is very strange that are not in same place as original.
They should exactly mimic the original particles.

Maybe if you can upload file, or screenshot the flow(s)?
Thanks !

When you wrote that it should work, I checked everything again and I knew a bug in my setup. I was using an older version of the cache in the simulation than in the preview and therefore it didn't match.

Going back to the main thread: The way with brith flow and removing particles older than 0 is the only way to have a stream of particles from another event?

Thanks for the help.
Not sure what you mean with "removing particles older than 0".
There's 2 operators that I am using most of the time, when I have a need for a referenced Tyflow
1) Birth Flow
(it just makes the static particles, from the first flow (you can choose from whatever frame you want).
2) Flow update
(it copy animations (movement) from the first flow paticles).

To save time, you can simply right click in the empty space of the first flow, then select Preset Flow - and then - Simple reference Tyflow.
And Tyflow will automatically create you a copy of Tyflow with Birth Flow and Flow Update referencing the first Flow
(very handy, if you ask me, and I use it all the time Smile ).

So, after you have referenced Tyflow, you can do with it whatever you want.
Delete particles, add new ones, change their shape (but you have to disable shape in Birthflow and Flow update ops)...
And yeah.. you should be able to delete them by age too (if that's what you're asking).

Hope this helps.
Listen man, this is awesome Wink

Birth flow with flow update works wonders and the simple reference is brilliant. Thanks for the help !!!