Tyflow Dissappears in Next Frame
I've got a flow set up scattering some grass meshes, using the latest version of V-Ray GPU to render.  Naturally, the Mesh operator is set to Render Instances; setting this to Triangle mesh crashes the render.  When I manually set any frame, the scatter renders just fine.  However, when I render a sequence, the scatter is only visible on the first frame and is missing on all other frames.

I exported particles to a tyCache but the problem persists. 

V-Ray tells me dozens of errors occured, all of which are like: Warning : Texture face count (1402) doesn't match face count (0) for mesh "Mesh_15188584647409357741_31"

I tried to use a V-Ray Instancer to get around this problem, but I can't seem to be able to select neither tyFlow nor tyCache as I've seen others do in videos.

Any ideas what's going on here?
For VRay Instancer, you'll likely need to enable the Particle Interface on the tyFlow object from the interfaces rollout.

As to why VRay GPU is not updating the tyFlow object properly on successive frames, unfortunately you'd have to contact Chaos Group about the issue. Perhaps something is being cached internally on their side and not updating properly within the memory they allocate. tyFlow updates fine for other renders so this seems to be a VRay issue.
(12-01-2021, 01:35 PM)tyFlow Wrote: For VRay Instancer, you'll likely need to enable the Particle Interface on the tyFlow object from the interfaces rollout.

As to why VRay GPU is not updating the tyFlow object properly on successive frames, unfortunately you'd have to contact Chaos Group about the issue. Perhaps something is being cached internally on their side and not updating properly within the memory they allocate. tyFlow updates fine for other renders so this seems to be a VRay issue.

I have the exact same problem: When rendering a sequence, the first frame renders fine, but from the second frame on Tyflow is invisible. I am pretty sure it's not vray, because when I switch to the 3ds max scanline renderer, the first frame renders fine and the second frame just crashes, so there is an issue apart from Vray. I am using a very simple birth surface/surface bind + TyMesher, so my setup is very different than the one from the original post here, but the problem while rendering is the same.

It stands out that any individually rendered frame works totally fine, only when rendering a sequence the problem occurs. So it makes me think it has something to do with how follow-up-frames receive the TyFlow data as opposed to a single frame.

Any ideas?
I think I found the cause at least for my case:

The use of a "Camera Mapping (WSM)" modifier in the scene.

I used that modifier on a mesh that TyFlow was relating to in a tyflow "Mapping" operator. Interestingly, even after deleting the "Mapping" operator in TyFlow (so the camera mapped object became officially unrelated to Tyflow) the problem remained until I switched off the camera mapping modifier completely.