TyCache Retimer - Particle stops before entering next event
Bug 
I found a bug with TyCache Retimer:

1. It's a simple flow with Birth and Speed Along Icon Arrow and a reference shape. After a Property Test with Pos X (also happens with Time Test) the particles will go to the next event where they get fracture. (See attached file for MAX2020 and 2022)
2. Then export the particles to a TyCache
3. On TyCache object, enable Retimer by Speed with 20% 
4. Issue: the unfractured particles will stop for 7 frames before they get fractured

Lower speed will produce more still frames, higher speed less.

Attached Files
.zip   TyCache_Retime_Bug.zip (Size: 170.85 KB / Downloads: 107)
Thanks, I'll look into this. In the meantime if you retime the tyFlow itself and export that retimed sim directly, the problem doesn't seem to happen in the cache anymore.
Question 
(12-06-2021, 03:59 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Thanks, I'll look into this. In the meantime if you retime the tyFlow itself and export that retimed sim directly, the problem doesn't seem to happen in the cache anymore.

How to export a retimed sim?

Your docs said: "tyFlow retimer settings are ignored by the Export Particles operator in PRT or tyCache mode. To retime your PRT or tyCache sequence, use the retiming spinner in the PRTLoader or tyCache object you load your files into."
Oh whoops, that's outdated info. If you retime your sim the tyCache should carry forward your retimings just fine.
Thumbs Up 
(12-06-2021, 04:23 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Oh whoops, that's outdated info. If you retime your sim the tyCache should carry forward your retimings just fine.

Perfect. Thanks.